Symons Valley Full Gospel Church Statement of Faith
We Believe in:
1) The verbal inspiration of the Holy Scriptures.
2) The eternal existence of one true God who is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3) The Saviour of men, the Lord Jesus Christ, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very man.
4) The creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; His total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.
5) The Gospel of the Grace of God, how that Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day for our justification.
6) The salvation of sinners by Grace, through faith alone in the perfect and sufficient work of Christ on our behalf upon the cross of Calvary excluding all human merit.
7) Water baptism of believers by immersion in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
8) The baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the scriptural evidence, namely, speaking in tongues.
9) The gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in I Corinthians, being exercised and practiced as manifest in the early Church.
10) The Lord's Supper, as a memorial for believers.
11) The healing of the body by Divine Power, or Divine Healing in many aspects as manifested in the early Church.
12) The eternal life of the believer and the eternal punishment of the unbeliever.
13) The Spirit-filled life of separation from the world, and the perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith.
14) The reality and personality of Satan and demons.
15) The reality and ministry of holy angels.
16) The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ for His Church.
17) In the sanctity of marriage, as a life long exclusive commitment between one man and one woman.